Down the TBR hole was originally created over at Lost in a Story, and is a great way to whittle down your tbr list. I have a relatively small list of only 65 on my Goodreads shelf- but I still think this will be helpful!
This is how it works like:
- Go to your Goodreads to-read shelf.
- Order on ascending date added.
- Take the first 5 (or 10 or 15 or 20, if you’re feeling adventurous) books
- Read the synopses of the books
- Decide: keep it or should it go?
- Keep track of where you left off so you can pick up there next time.
Dreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
I LOVED Daughter of Smoke and Bone, and couldn’t wait to finish the series. But, unfortunately, this one was just not for me and I didn’t finish it. I’m keeping it on my TBR though – maybe soon?
Breakfast at Tiffany’s by Truman Capote
This seems like the logical next step when reading Capote, but it’s been on my list a while. I’m going to keep it – but I HAVE to read it soon…
Keep the Aspidistra Flying by George Orwell
I am slowly making my way through George Orwell’s backlog of work… So this is definitely staying on the list!
Throne of Glass #7 by Sarah J. Maas
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
This one… I may take off of my TBR. I just haven’t got around to it. And I have a sad feeling that I missed the boat on this one. Let me know if you think I’ll still love it as much as everyone else has!